(Click on text or images for more detail of the desks in various sizes and woods.)
We build three types of desks: a writing desk, an office desk, and a stand-up desk. You may choose from several custom options, including size, wood, decorative detailing, and drawer configuration, creating a desk to fit the space, the function, and the decor.
Construction Specifications common to all desks:
- Mortise and tenon joints secure rails and panels to legs.
- Drawers are dovetailed.
- Box and pencil drawers are fit to operate smoothly in the wood frame. File drawers operate on steel, ball-bearing glides.
- All surfaces are sanded to 400Grit, and many are shaped or sculpted, to please the hand with the feel of silk and the eye with the play of light.
- The bases are finished with hand-rubbed oil.
- The tops are finished and made impervious with an unobtrusive coating of polyurethane varnish.
- These desks are works of consummate craftsmanship.